Perhaps the first step to pursuing a volunteer opportunity in Nepal is to sit and ask yourself why? Why do you want to volunteer? There are no right or wrong answers, but your answers can provide great insight into your expectations and intent.
Ask yourself, is your desire to volunteer in Nepal, related to a wish:
- To help others who are less fortunate than yourself?
- To develop a lifelong relationship with a country and population
that has always intrigued or inspired you?
- To explore another culture in an unconventional manner?
- To further your career by gaining hands-on work experience?
- To contribute to positive social change?
- Why do you want to volunteer at this point in your life?
- What do you hope to gain? New skills? A new perspective or
- How does this fit in your larger plans in life?
- How will this experience enable you to do what you would like to
do five years from now?